Birmingham Property Management
Birmingham Home Leasing is a Residential Property Management Company. Birmingham Home Leasing is a registered trade name of Dean & Associates Inc. Dean & Associates Inc is an Alabama Corporation and is a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage and also a Licensed Home Builder.
Birmingham Home Leasing is different from our competition in several important ways:
- Since established in 2014, we’ve never had an eviction. This is due to our high credit and income requirements for Lease Application approval.
- To the best of our knowledge, we charge significantly less than all of our competitors for the same service. Please check with all of our competitors for their specific pricing in order to make an informed comparison.
- Last, but not necessarily least, during business hours we actually answer our phone (call us at 205-259-1918) and return your emails (email us at [email protected]) and return your text messages (see text button in bottom right hand corner). We are happy to answer all of your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Discount Leasing Fee
Birmingham Home Leasing will find and place a well qualified tenant (with a FICO 670 credit score or better) for a total fee of 50% of the first month’s rent. You may contract for lease only service. You are not required to also contract for option monthly management service. There is no out of pocket expense for you as this fee will be taken from the initial funds that the tenant brings to begin the lease. For the 50% fee we will:
- Photograph your property
- Advertise the property in Zillow®, Realtor.com, Hotpads®, Trulia®, etc.
- Facilitate self-showing access for registered rental customers
- Process rental applications (screen the tenant)
- Conduct a Move In inspection report and provide a copy to both parties
- Provide a lease with e-signature service for both parties to sign
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL OR HIDDEN FEES FOR THE LEASING SERVICES LISTED ABOVE. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT CHARGE SET UP FEES, RENEWAL FEES, LICENSE FEES, ETC.
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Available for an Additional Fee
Multiple Listing Service Tenant Placement is available for Lease Only and Managed Lease service for 100% of the first month’s rent instead of our Discount Leasing Fee of 50% of the first month’s rent. Your property will be listed to the local MLS, allowing other Broker’s Agents to show your property for rent. Your property will also still be listed in Zillow®, Realtor.com, Hotpads®, Trulia®, etc.
Discount Monthly Management Fee
Birmingham Home Leasing offers optional monthly management services for a fee of 5% of the monthly rent. Please refer to the chart below for monthly management fees per monthly rental rate. We do not charge additional fees for setting up your account, renewing a lease with an existing
Tenant, etc. The services provided in this contract include:
- Collecting and transferring the rent
- Monthly and annual accounting
- Ordering repairs and maintenance
- Security Deposit escrow, accounting and return
- Move-In and Move-Out Condition reports
|Monthly Rental Rate||5% of the Monthly Rental Rate|
Standards for All Rental Properties
- All rental properties must be located within our service area. Please see the service area map below.
- All rental properties must be vacant. All rental property showings are done via self-showing service, therefore we do not list occupied properties. The Broker does not provide Agent escorted showing service.
- All rental properties must be clean and sanitary and have no damage as defined by the U.S. Department of HUD. Damage includes, but is not limited to: Carpets that have holes or stains; Gaping holes in interior walls. For a complete list of damage as defined by the U.S. Department of HUD, click this link: https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/HSG-06-01GAPP5GUID.PDF . The Broker does list property with “normal wear and tear” but will not list property with damage. If you would like more information on this subject, call the Broker.
- All rental properties must have at least 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. (The Broker removed the prohibition on listing multi-family properties on 11/2/2022.)
- Rental properties to be listed must currently be appraised in Zillow® to rent for at least $1,625 per month. Broker’s agent must inspect the property and concur with the Zillow® rental appraisal and/or make recommendations for adjustments. In situations where there is no Zillow® rental appraisal, the Broker’s agent must determine that the property should rent for at least $1,625 per month.
- The Broker will not list a property with Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS).
- The Broker will not list properties built before 1978 or any property that is known or suspected to contain lead-based paint. The Broker may require Owners to provide an inspection from a properly credentialed specialist in cases where the presence of lead-based paint is suspected.
- Properties that added a finished room(s) after original construction that do not have a dedicated thermostat may not be listed by the Broker.
3% Sales Service is also Available
If you are undecided about whether to sell your property or lease it you can initially take advantage of our competitive sales service and change to our leasing service later if needed. The parent company of Birmingham Home Leasing, Dean & Associates Inc, offers sales services for a total Brokerage fee of 3%. The property will be listed in the local MLS allowing cooperating agents to show. The property will also syndicate to Zillow® and other online sites. 1.5% of the commission will go to the Listing Agent and 1.5% will go to the Buyer’s Agent. This sales service is only available for vacant properties.
Effective 11/12/2022 the Broker redefined the service area as indicated in the map below. Legacy customers outside of the new indicated service area will continue to be served. We are unable to provide service in gated communities due to the fact that our property showing method is with self-showing technology.