Birmingham Property Management
Birmingham Home Leasing is a Residential Property Management Company. Birmingham Home Leasing is a registered trade name of Dean & Associates Inc. Dean & Associates Inc is an Alabama Corporation and is a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage and also a Licensed Home Builder.
You Can Definitely Get a Tenant with Good Credit & Income
To the best of our knowledge, Birmingham Home Leasing advertises and enforces the highest minimum requirements for Lease Application approval in the Birmingham Metro area. Applicants must have at least a 670 FICO credit score and document an income to rent ratio of at least 3.5 to 1. Please check with all of our competitors for their specific information.
Because of these high standards, Birmingham Home Leasing has not had an eviction since we opened in April of 2014.
Property Management is Free for “Class A” Homes
Birmingham Home Leasing offers Free Monthly Property Management Services to Owners whose property is in “Class A” condition. The Tenant Placement Fee or Leasing Fee is the first month’s rent and Monthly Management is included for free. We do not offer any Leasing or Management Services to Owners of homes in Class B or C condition.
Class A condition is defined as:
- CLEANLINESS: The house must be thoroughly cleaned by a professional vendor.
- FLOORS: The carpets must be professionally cleaned. If the carpet has worn spots or stains, then it must be replaced. Damaged hardwood, engineered hardwood, tile and vinyl must be repaired.
- INTERIOR WALLS: If the interior walls have not been repainted within the last 7 years and/or show considerable “wear and tear”, then the Broker may require that the walls be repainted. At the very least, the interior walls must be professionally repaired and repainted if they have been damaged. Damage is defined as any nail hole ¼ in diameter or greater. TV mounts must be removed and the wall damage must be repaired and then repainted.
Our Agents must inspect your property to confirm that its condition meets our listing standards.
The Free Property Management offer is not available to Owners of rental investment properties. It is only available to “Accidental” or “Reluctant” Landlords. This term refers to people who have decided to lease their property until more favorable selling conditions develop. If you are an Owner of a rental investment property and want Leasing and Management Services from Birmingham Home Leasing, we charge a Tenant Placement Fee of the first month’s rent and a Monthly Management Fee of 10% of the rent. The Broker will consider, on a case by case basis, negotiating with rental investment Owners based on the number of homes they want managed.
“Free” Property Management Includes
- Collecting and transferring the rent
- Monthly and annual accounting
- Ordering repairs and maintenance
- Security Deposit escrow, accounting and return
- Move-In and Move-Out Condition reports
Click here to review the Rental Listing & Free Management Agreement.
Lease Only Services are Also Available
For Property Owners who would prefer to manage their own Tenant and order their own repair and maintenance services, Birmingham Home Leasing also offers Lease Only Services for a fee equal to the first month’s rent. Lease Only Services include:
- Photographing the property and advertising it in Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, etc.
- Providing self-showing access through Rently.
- Tenant screening.
- Lease execution.
- Move-In Condition report.
Click here to review the Lease Only Agreement.
Listing Requirements for All Rental Properties
1. All rental properties must be vacant. All rental property showings are done via self-showing lockboxes. We do not put self-showing lockboxes on occupied properties.
2. All rental properties must be single family detached dwellings with at least 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.
3. The property must be appraised by us to rent for at least $1,750 per month. The Broker will not list any property when, in his opinion, the Owner is asking more than current market value for a well qualified Tenant.
4. The Broker makes no implicit or explicit offer to list properties for rent that do not have a master bedroom on the main level. These properties will be evaluated for listing on a case by case basis at a discounted rental rate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: How can you offer Free Monthly Property Management service when many of your competitors charge 10% of the rent?
A: Our business model includes listing and selling homes when many of our competitors only want to manage homes for 10% of the rental rate. They don’t want to sell any homes because the 10% fee is their primary revenue source. Dean & Associates Inc, dba Birmingham Home Leasing, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage and selling commission is a significant portion of our revenue. We “loss leader” our Monthly Management Service in order to attract rental listings that could eventually convert to a sales listing. We offer 6% total commission for MLS Sales Listing Service and 3% total commission for Discount Sales Listing Service. We only offer Free Management Service to “Accidental Landlords”. An Accidental Landlord is defined as an owner of only one property who decides to rent their property until a more favorable sales market develops. Rental Investors pay a Tenant Placement Fee of the first month’s rent and a Monthly Management Fee of 10% of the rent.
Click here to review the Rental Listing & 10% Management Agreement
Q: Will the Broker consider listing a property outside the service area?
Q: Will the Broker consider listing a property in less than “A” condition?
Q: If the property owner asks the Broker to lease to an applicant with less than a 670 FICO score, will the Broker consider it?
Service Area is Restricted
Due to the recent increase in fuel prices, we have taken measures to greatly reduce and limit our service area. Legacy Customers outside of the new service area will still continue to receive service from us, but effective immediately, the new service area is described as generally located in the Southeast quadrant of the Birmingham Metro area, Southeast of I-459 and East of I-65. More specifically, the service area is described as an approximate 8 mile radius from our office, which is located at 4000 Eagle Point Corporate Drive, Suite 240, Birmingham, AL 35242. The service area includes all of 35242 and 35043.