When a Relocation Agency requests the execution of a Lease related to an Insurance claim, then the Broker may consider the request provided that:
- The Property Owner is agreeable. Since the Lease is guaranteed by a third party business entity, then this is technically a “Corporate Lease”. Property Owners are not required by Law to consider Corporate Leases.
- The Relocation Agency is registered to do business with the Secretary of State of Alabama
- The Relocation Agency presents sufficient documentation to demonstrate financial capacity to make the rent payments
- The Relocation Agency signs a co-signer agreement. Unilateral payment letters will not be accepted.
- The Broker will hold the Tenant’s Security Deposit. In no situation will the Relocation Agency hold the Tenant’s Security Deposit.
When a Relocation Agency requests the execution of a Lease that is not related to an Insurance claim, then the Broker processes that request as a Corporate Lease. To see the Broker’s policy on Corporate Leases, click here.